Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
Foreclosure Prevention Counselor
Keuka Housing Council, Inc. 160 Main Street, Penn Yan NY 14527
Job Title: FORECLOSURE PREVENTION COUNSELOR
Supervisor: Executive Director / Senior Housing Counselor
Job summary: If you are looking for a challenging but yet gratifying opportunity to make a real difference on the front lines of home preservation, consider a career in Foreclosure Prevention. We are seeking a highly qualified Housing Counselor to engage homeowners at risk of foreclosure throughout the four counties we serve: Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates. Our counselors regularly work with homeowners, lenders, municipalities as well as the courts to prevent foreclosure on a daily basis. If you are highly motivated and want to be challenged, please apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibility:
- Provide one-on-one foreclosure prevention counseling to distressed homeowners
- Evaluate homeowners’ eligibility for loss mitigation options
- Prepare mortgage relief applications with clients and follow-up with lenders to confirm completion.
- Negotiate workout agreements with lenders on behalf of clients.
- Work with the courts, attorneys, lenders and associations to assist homeowners in preventing foreclosure.
- Attend foreclosure hearings and meditations to support client needs.
- Follow-up with all clients to be assured that their needs are being met.
- Maintain accurate written and computer-based files.
- Provide information and referral for homeowners with non-foreclosure needs
- Prepare accurate reports for relevant funding sources
- Maintain and continuously develop a strong knowledge of foreclosure regulations/resources by attending relevant trainings/continuing education
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in line with agency policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in foreclosure prevention, financial industries, or related field (Preferred)
- Understanding of/experience with housing policies at a local, county, state, and federal level including Fair Housing.
- HUD Housing Counselor Certification *(Preferred but must be able to obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills verbal and written
- The knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology efficiently
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Commensurate with experience $16-$21/hour
- 401(k) with employer matching up to 3%
- Employer contribution group health insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
Schedule: Monday to Friday